Friday, June 12, 2009

She had told him. He had known it. But then he withdrew, for the other man. Now it’s too late and it has become too intense. Then there was only one man for whom he stepped back. Now there are too many. His wife, parents, relatives, her husband, mother, relatives…


To A Friend

“We learn things the hard way”;
I philosophise.
I listen, day in day out.
But I don’t know how to help you out.
It’s a quagmire you’re in.
I hope you won’t bog down.
What you’re through I know,
But knowing is not experiencing.
I hope you’ll get through
And resurface as the one you had been.

5 comments:

Bindhu Unny said...

"Knowing is not experiencing" Very true
:-)

sujata sengupta said...

so true and deep!! Hope your friend rises above it all.

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

BU: Indeed. Knowing that knowing is not experiencing is what matters.


Sujata: Thanks. Yes, I too hope for the same.

Sumi Mathai said...

there is somthng so akin to myself..darkness,my abode too..
cheers

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Extremity: Welcome to the darkness

Powered By Blogger