Thursday, August 19, 2010

A few things along with Onam Wishes…




My friends, do you have any idea how lovely it’s to be here reading and replying comments, reading your posts, commenting…All these make me feel so good, so damn good. Of late, I’ve been a bit late to reply to your comments. I’m sorry, it was just hectic and I was busy meeting insane deadlines.

Let me make a confession. It struck me very recently that you, one and all of you, reading my posts in the midst of your busy schedules. Till recently you’re just those pictures, but then suddenly it came to me, a banker here, a journo there, an editor, a poet, a writer…all reading my posts in their separate places; you adjust your position in the chair, you smile, you frown, you knit your eyebrows…I can’t explain it in words; the feeling. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much.

Wish You All A Very Happy Onam. Cheers!

Statutory Warning: Drinking is injurious to health. Any person who associates the above mentioned ‘cheers’ with drinking or view it as an indication to drink will be doing it at their own risk. Dark Alley or the very nice gentleman named Arun Meethale Chirakkal who writes it, is in no way responsible for their deeds or misdeeds. Cheers!

PS: For the last two months a bottle of ‘Chivas’ has been waiting for me back in my hometown. I can see that impatient friend of mine buzzing around it like an ill-tempered bee. Last time, I met a guy in a toddy shop. We are friends now and he has promised to introduce me to a new toddy shop. I’m all excited. I’ll be heading home soon.

Once again, Cheers.

Ciao

10 comments:

Kalpana Bindu said...

yes Arun i actually adjusted my position in the chair, smiled, frowned, knit my eyebrows…it was really fun reading your post....

Best wishes for Onam with the bottle of ‘Chivas’

Balachandran V said...

Everyday morning and evening, I do what you said. The most wonderful thing about reading blogs is learning the thoughts of like-minded souls like you! It is such a strange and exciting thing, isn't it, to have friends whom you have never met in flesh and maybe not likely to meet ever, but as intimate as friends can be!

Wish you a happy Onam with Chivas, though I am a fan of Glenlivet myself! :D

P. Venugopal said...

Cheers!!!
My son-in-law from Scotland has brought me a bottle of something. It hasn't reached my hands. Till then, its 'Celebration,' or 'White Mischief.' Cheers!
It is a different experience knowing one another without any strings. That is what we are doing on the blog.

anilkurup59 said...

Your concern for our health is appreciated.
Cheers and Happy onnam. Do toast to the ones amongst us who are eternally bonded to good spirits , when you sip the Chivas.

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Kalpana: Thanks a lot Kalpana. Do come often. Happy Onam

Balan Sir: You said it. In fact, I’m a fan of Old Monk, these are my friends’ fancies. Happy Onam.

Venu Chettan: I used to take Celebration. Curious to know what your Son in law has brought for you. ‘ye highlands , ye low lands…’ Happy Onam ( I know you’ll miss Vishnu and Neha, but still…)

AK: Good that you appreciated my concern. Indeed, I’ll toast for you, my dear friends. Happy Onam.

sujata sengupta said...

We remain connected through a common link, the love of writing and reading! Cheers and happy Onam!

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Sujataji: Yes, indeed. Thanks a ton.

pralin said...

happy onam to all malayalees
around the world. it is the greatest
moment for every malayalee's in there life to celibrate onam

annewalker said...

I was stumbling upon blogs to blogs and this simply caught my attention and made me smile. i like the way you explain your appreciation. With that, let me send you my warmest Onam Wishes for this year's onam. Keep it up!

More power to you,
Anne
Onam Festival

Unknown said...

Onam is indeed one of the best and most popular Keralite festival and I am so excited for it to come this year... My warmest Onam wishes to all Keralites around the world!

Happy Onam!

Powered By Blogger