Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Misadventures of a pair of bored eyes


Out of sheer boredom
They decided to move
Around, all by themselves,
Comfortably leaving
Behind the one they
Belonged to.

They fixed themselves
Momentarily on sights
Illuminated by the neon
Lights such as over-sized
Mannequins showcased
At glitzy showrooms,
Couples walking hand in
Hand, hawkers, steady
Stream of vehicles, a cute
Little boy pleading to his
Mom for something that
Caught his eyes…

Suddenly they rushed back
To where they belonged to
When a lean guy supporting
Himself on the pavement
Railing, irritated by the
Presence of two wandering
Eyes upon him, probed
Aggressively, showing his
Stained teeth, ‘kyaa?’





7 comments:

anilkurup59 said...

That idea seems queer. Away from the oft beaten.
I remember you doing a different kind about books in the shelf speaking.

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Hooray! What a pleasure is it to know that you remember a piece which was written almost two and a half years back! Much thanks. About this one, it happens sometimes, sort of a ‘looking without seeing.’

Balachandran V said...

Excellent, Arun! You could've been a bit more graphic about the bored eyes - like offer a contrast by imagining what the eyes were looking at earlier and then getting out of the sockets and wandering. I have felt this many times, esp when strolling aimlessly and alone thru busy city street. You are invisible - until another invisible person spots you...

Words become visuals. That is writing to me.

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

It happens all the time, and then I forget. This time I remembered it for the guy who asked ‘kyaa?’ while strolling through brigade one evening a couple of weeks back. And thanks, thanks a lot for the reassuring words.


P. Venugopal said...

Excellent!
Liked the 'kyaa' that brought you to the ground. Clean impact!

My Thoughts and I said...

Wow! This is some blog! A lot to take in. Have read till half way of '11.

You have the rare ability to paint pictures with your words. I personally know of just one other person with this gift.

Superb!

I look forward to reading the rest of these fine pieces penned by you!

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Venu chettan: Thanks a lot.

My Thought and I: Much thanks. I’m glad that you liked the ‘pieces’.

Powered By Blogger