Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Water water everywhere…

These ads were among the first few me and Ratheesh did exclusively for our portfolio. And we did it with a lot of fervour, but then I never could find an ‘auspicious time’ to post it and hence it got postponed.

The first one was my first thought. Though one is supposed to let it pass, some times one just can’t. I couldn’t convince myself-neither could I convince my art partner- still, I had wanted to proceed. And after arguing a bit, we decided to give it a nod of approval. But the nagging dissatisfaction deep within was just too adamant to be tamed. Ever since I came to know about Sophie Neveu and the various word games her uncle, the curator of Luvre, Jacques Sauniere taught her, I too indulge in some. It was how the idea came into existence. ‘Whater?’from water. And then it took a turn, a convincing one when I downplayed a couple of letters, unlike what I did in the first (adding ‘h’). And that’s how ‘WATER’ happened.

And if you think the second one is visually appealing (that’s what I think), then full credit must go to the ‘art moron’. He made it blazing by using ‘mushroom cloud’, the eternal nightmare of humanity.




5 comments:

Madhuri said...

I liked both the ideas - though of course the second one is instantly appealing with its visuals. Also, the idea of playing with words - it goes so well here.

mixedblessings89 said...

I love the second one, not only because it is, like you pointed out, visually appealing, but also because of how relevant it is. War due to water seems very imminent.

:)

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Madhuri: Thank You for the visit and comment. So you too agree with me that the second one is more convincing huh?

MB89: Yes, a war is imminent for the blue gold.

Ammu said...

Even I liked both but the second one seems to be an appealing & clear way of conveying the idea.

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Thank you Anjana

Powered By Blogger