Friday, June 27, 2008

Alzheimer’s ?

Yesterday when I googled, ‘Why I’m not a Christian’ happened to pop up. Keeping it opened, I thought for a while what might’ve prompted (Oooh again, instead of ‘prompte’d I had keyed in ‘opened’) Dr. Christian Bernard to write the piece. Is it the ‘Christian’ in both that played the trick or Bertrand for Bernard? No clue. But what makes it really scary is a couple of other incidents, which are somewhat similar to this. Today, while I was about to leave for office, I saw my colleague/roommate combing hair and I realized that I’ve forgotten his name. After a few seconds of intense recollection, to my relief, ‘Vinay Shankar’ again started to run through the corridors of my mind. And while reading newspapers online I fumbled upon a story about Katrina, but the face that comes to mind was that of Kareena’s. No, I haven’t seen any scary movies of late that deals with ‘Alzheimer’s’. If I put the odd one aside that of sheer forgetting, are the first and last one cases of
Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,
Oh, where hae ye been?
They hae slain the Earl Amurray, [sic]
And Lady Mondegreen. ?

4 comments:

madman said...

even I got it I think, I dint know the name of the disease.


I read a murder mystery and a week later, forgot who was killed

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Yeaaah, but what my point is not that of sheer forgetting but a case of 'mondegreen', of a different sort.

mixedblessings89 said...

That's scary... not the Kareena- Katrina thing, but forgetting your Roommate's name bit...
Take care

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Mixedblessings 89: Yeah, though even for a few seconds it was really disturbing. Thank you.

Powered By Blogger