Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Forgotten PIN

It’s noon. The sun is pretty hot. I walked to the ATM, a good 500mtrs +away. All I’ve is an old, red 20 rupees note. Salary must have credited. And finally when I reached the ATM, I came to know that I’ve forgotten the PIN. Angry, sad and confused, I stand there in front of the ATM trying to recollect the PIN. I walked back, defeated. While having lunch I thought about the number. (Yes, in this part of the globe you can still get a good meal for Rs.12 or even Rs.10) I stored it in my memory as a pretty decent score (I was a great fan of test cricket, yes I WAS. For the SBT Card all I do is to remember the number 12. It’s effective; I do remember things in this manner. I break up a friend’s mobile number in this fashion: 98953; common, 69; summer of 69, 711; date of London bombing.) So again I go there, entered in to the ATM cabin, keyed in the number. Since the system asked me ‘what I wanted’, I thought I’ve made it. But when I pressed ‘Balance Inquiry’, the response was ‘Invalid PIN’. I thought there would be an alarm following with the arrival of the Police at the ‘crime scene to nab the burglar’. Nothing of that kind happened. The moment I reached the office I started to google, ‘forgot the PIN what to do’? There came pages of information. And I found a tip pretty interesting, that one’s date of birth might have used to form one’s PIN. EUREKAAAAAAAA… and it’s a pretty decent score too. Now, as I key in this, I’m just eager to go there and key in the ‘new’ PIN. But still, it’s all a guess. I’m not sure whether it’s correct. Neither I know the envelope contains the PIN handed over by the Bank Official is with me any more. If it’s not the right PIN that I am thinking about at the moment, it will sure going to be tough times ahead.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger