Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yesterday I visited a bar that reminded me of the tavern where Raskolnikov met Marmeladov. It had high ceilings and from there hung a couple of fans with stems about a metre long. The floor was all wet and one had to squeeze oneself through the plastic tables and chairs. The walls were dirty and on the right, just above my head, there was a single white tile on the wall with Ganapathi’s picture on it. And Ganapathi stared at me. After some time, when I turned to my left, I found Nietzsche sipping his drink and by then I had finished my quarter of Old Monk Rum and ordered for a 60.

6 comments:

mea culpa said...

Ganapathi ha ha ha...
what is he doin dere?

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

May be making sure that alcohol supply doesn't get interrupted. Vighneshwarayanamaha!

mea culpa said...

ha ha ha

mea culpa said...

athu kolllaaam

Arun Meethale Chirakkal said...

Thanks.
I have a post titled 'The Joy of Drinking', hope you'll enjoy it.

mea culpa said...

U are tagged....

Powered By Blogger